Saturday, February 23, 2013

Month 1

- Her nickname is "Toad" and "Piggy", Toad because sometimes she acts like a toad, but mostly because she has the cutest, roundest little toad tummy.  Piggy because she snorts when she cries sometimes and let me tell you it is adorable.
- Up until the last few weeks we woul all dread bathtime because of the blood-curdling screams and hyperventilating that would take place, but finally she has succumbed and bathtime has become our FAVORITE part of the day
- She hates getting her clothes changed.  I've tried going fast and I've tried going slow, and either way she is not a fan of that process
- She has grown out of newborn diapers and moved on to Size 1
- Growing out of most of of her newborn clothes as well
- We bought her a swing and it sometimes works when we are trying to put her down for a nap, hopefully she will start loving it more
- Her little vibrating chair is my new best friend becasue I can put her in it when I'm getting ready or cooking and the vibrations lull her into a trance
- Suspecting she may be a bit gassy so I'm watching all the foods I eat: no more chocolate, mexican(onions), or carbonation
-Also began supplementing with formula and there has been a huge difference (poor girl was just starving I suppose)
- Has been sleeping in 4 hour increments at night, so I ususally get up around 3a.m. ish and 6a.m.ish to feed her
- Swaddling is her jam
- We have already moved her into her nursey because she seems to sleep better in that room (we think because it is the warmest in the house) so I now sleep in the guest room next door
- She is following objects with her eyes and focusing on things and grabbing at things with her hands
- Has a strong little neck and is a superstar when it comes to tummytime
- The other night when Devin came home he started talking to her and she got the BIGGEST smile on her face...probably the highlight of my life! Now we catch her smiling at all kinds of things, but mostly her Dad's voice.
 Happy Valentine's! (And I see the beginnings of some lucious neck rolls!)
 Brother...
 Bathtime at Grandma Joelynn's
 Sitting in her chair while Mom gets ready for the day
 Daddy's girl!
 Smiles for Dad
Smiles for Mom

1 comment: