Saturday, March 30, 2013

Month 3

-  Nicknames: Honey Bunny, Boo Boo, Quinny Winny, Baby Quinn, and my mom calls her Petunes(short for "Petunia")
-  Still hasn't gotten back into the "sleeping through the night"  habit...which is okay! My new favorite part of the day is our mid-night feeding that is followed by her arching her little back and falling asleep in my arms with her arms outstretched above her head
-  Has become quiet the coo-er! I'm still arguing with my husband that she is a genius and has already said her first words "Ya" and "Uh-huh", but he insists that they were just coos...
-  Not a fan of tummy time, no sir! I'm still debating how long I should keep her on her tummy as she screams at me, it seems so cruel to sit there and watch her struggle
-  She is currently learning the score of "The Little Mermaid" through the vocal talents of yours truly
-  We packed away all the 0-3 month clothes and she is now wearing 6 and 9 month attire
-  Moved up to size 2 diapers
-  Likes to go commando and lay in the sun that shines through the nursery window to air out in the afternoon
-  Still fussy, especially in the late afternoon
-  Grandma Cookie bought her a play yard that lets her play piano with her feet and play with all the toys hanging down from it (pictured below) and she LOVES it
-  Devin says she has "Orangutang baby hair" when she wakes up from a nap because it's matted every which way
-  Will not take a bink anymore, should I be happy or sad about this?
-  Since she moved on from the bink, she has been hard at work trying to figure out how to get her thumb into her mouth, she has been successful several times but usually ends up sucking on the palm of her hand instead
-  I can't keep up with how fast her nails are growing, therefore she has self-inflicted scratches all over her face and tummy
-  We are in the process of putting her on a sleep and eat "schedule", will let you know how that pans out
-  We give her a tubby every night to relax her before bed.  At the rate she is growing she will soon be too big for the kitchen sink tub and will have to start having tubby-time in the big girl tub!
-  She has Fred Flinstone feet that have major grip strength 
-  Experienced some major blowouts this month
-  Has the biggest, sweetest, toothless smile that moves the earth every time I see it
-  I think she is doomed to be spoiled because I have a tendency to hold her all day, every day, and only put her down when absolutely necessary
-  While we are on the subject of being spoiled, I probably kiss her about 500 times a day, it's seriously addicting!

Easter photshoot in the blue bunny suit Great Grandma gave her

Quinn does not look happy to be sharing the spotlight with Otto
This is the same look her dad gives me every time I try to take a picture


Chatting with her CiCi whilst attempting to suck her thumb

Playing in her playyard

Morning nap in the big bed ( I get drowsy just looking at this picture)

I never realize how big she is getting until I see someone else holding her

Chit-chatting with Grandma Joelynn

Ever since Quinn was born my outlook on life has completely softened! I think I cry at least once a day over silly things like the lyrics to a song, a picture, a Huggies commercial, goodbyes(to people I won't see for months and to people I will see later that night), a random comments someone makes, or just by looking at the kid. She has made my heart so tender that in some ways it is ridiculous, but in other ways it was necessary.  It's funny how such a tiny person can have such a huge impact on the world!

4 comments:

  1. She's getting so big and cute! I love that bunny suit.
    I cry over every stinkin movie I watch now!
    Lisel HATED tummy time too and I was a wimp about making her stay. She learned how to crawl and walk just fine (albeit a little later). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable! I wish I could be there to see her in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Korver hates tummy time too! I hate making him do it.... Also, his nails are growing like crazy too??? What's up with that!?! :) Quinn is so so cute! I'm so glad I'm not the only emotional one. Haha babies change your life but I'm so glad we love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whit! I love your posts! That last one made my heart happy! You're such a natural mom! She is so perfect! I definitely need to see you and her soon!

    ReplyDelete