Saturday, July 20, 2013

Month 6

My coworker said it right "Pure happiness is the smile of a six month old." This has been another month for the books, and my gosh, 6 month old babies are SO FUN! Quinn is so rolly polly and I finally feel like I'm not going to break her every time I touch her so as you can imagine, we have barrels of fun...

  • Her nicknames are Quinny, Baby Quinn, Princess Pea, and Booger Butt 
  • She finally rolled and I BARELY got to witness it as I was walking into the living room and caught her tipping over from her back to her front.  I probably gave her a heart attack with my excitement afterwards
  • We tried rice cereal for the first time.  Quinn was not impressed by any means, but she was willing to go through the motions with us.
  • After a few weeks of rice cereal we started her on pureed sweet potatoes and she got after it! So far we have tried sweet potatoes, bananas, and peas.  She has thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Did you know that pureed bananas turn brown, and STAIN! 
  • Her eyes are getting bluer and her hair is getting thicker and dark blond.  We are guessing that she will have her Dad's coloring. Everyone tells us she looks olive but time will tell.
  • I finally decided that if I want to go to Crossfit I'm going to have to start toting her along with me and it has been a success! I just leave her in her carseat and she either sleeps or plays or chews or watches everyone until I am done (as long as I'm done in 45 minutes). Yes she does get fussy but overall she is very patient about Mom needing her gymtime. 
  • She is a champ at running errands, I mean we probably go to Target 4 times a week and rarely buy much, she just likes to sit in her carseat in the cart and look around, as do I.
  • Smiles a lot but rarely laughs, her dad is the best at getting her to giggle.
  • Just about outgrown the kitchen sink tubby so we will be moving her to the bathtub
  • She is quickly outgrowing her 9 month clothes!
  • Ever since our trip to California she has stopped sleeping through the night consistently and will occasionally wake up to feed in the middle of the night a few nights a week.  
  • Her right cheek flushes! It's weird, we thought she was teething, but she's not. 
  • She is my little buddy, and even though I love going to work I get so excited on the drive home to see her! I mean who wouldn't miss this chub...


Would you just look at that!


Our new high chair came... Hooray! I think Quinn really likes being up high, and it has rollers so I can wheel her around the house with me.


Verdict on rice cereal... not impressed


The Baby Bullet is the bomb! One sweet potato makes 12 jars of baby food! Plus making baby food is actually kinda fun (and that's how you know you're a mom)

The first time we walked in on her sleeping like this I was of course panicked that she would suffocate herself  during the night but after much Googling I was reassured that this is normal behavior..


Many of our mornings are spent in the backyard playing with Gloworms since it gets way too hot in the afternoon to spend any time outside unless you're in a body of water. 



Quinn and her Grandma Cookie, we really need to work on Q's tan


Enjoying the cool Cedar City weather with Papa Dave.


Quinn's first trip to Huntington Beach, it was a little breezy, but she was a trooper!


Quinn and Oaklie are partners in crime...


They are also workout buddies.



No comments:

Post a Comment